Important Legal Notice
This notice is issued by Spamhaus Technology Limited t/a SpamTEQ
1.Definitions and Interpretation
1.1The following words and expressions have the following meanings unless inconsistent with the context:
|“Commercial Gain”||includes, without limitation, using our Site as part of advertising which may result in revenue generation or personal gain, selling goods to a third party and copying, reproducing, distributing, publishing, transferring, licensing, selling, commercially exploiting or duplicating any element of our Site whatsoever;|
|“we” “us” or “our”||Spamhaus Technology Limited (T/A SpamTEQ), a company registered in England and Wales with company number 05078652 whose registered office is at 4 Old Park Lane, Mayfair, London W1K 1QW; and|
|“you” “your”||an individual company or firm accessing our Site.|
1.2References to any statute or statutory provision include, unless the context otherwise requires, a reference to the statute or statutory provision as modified or re-enacted and in force from time to time and any subordinate legislation made from time to time under the relevant statute or statutory provision.
1.3References to “persons” include natural persons, firms, partnerships, companies, corporations, associations and organisations (in each case whether or not having separate legal personality).
1.4Use of any gender includes the other genders.
1.5Words in the singular include the plural and words in the plural include the singular.
1.6Any reference to “writing” or any cognate expression includes communications by post and email but excludes facsimile and text messages.
1.7The headings to Conditions do not affect the interpretation of these Conditions.
1.8Any phrase introduced by the term “include”, “including”, “in particular” or any similar expression will be construed as illustrative and will not limit the sense of the words preceding that term.
2.1You may access most areas of our Site without registering your details with us. However, certain areas of our Site may only be open to you if you register.
2.5Unless specified otherwise, the materials on this Site are directed solely at those who access the Site from within the United Kingdom. We make no representation that any products or services referred to on this Site are appropriate for use, or available, in other locations or languages. If you choose to access our Site from locations outside of the United Kingdom, you are responsible for ensuring compliance with local laws if and to the extent that they are applicable.
3.1Subject always to Conditions 3.3 and 3.5, you are permitted to print and download extracts from this Site for your own personal use on the following basis:
- no documents or related graphics on this Site are modified in any way;
- no graphics on this Site are used separately from accompanying text; and
- our copyright, trade mark notices and this permission notice appear in all copies.
3.3Subject to Condition 3.1, no part of this Site may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without our prior written permission.
3.5You must not visit or use this Site for the purposes of Commercial Gain.
4.Visitor Material and Conduct
4.1Any form of account created on our Site to interact with our news section or with any message boards or discussion forums is subject to our authorisation and to you meeting reasonable standards of usage and behavior at all times. Failure by you to abide by these standards may, at our sole discretion, result in the termination of your account.
4.2Any account name must not be offensive, defamatory, discriminatory, intended to deceive other users or promote any illegal activity. We reserve the right to decide whether an account name is acceptable or not.
4.3Passwords, PIN codes or any other form of access code should be treated as confidential and not shared with any other person.
4.4If you suspect your password has been discovered by a third party you should contact us using the details provided above as soon as possible and we will issue you with another password.
4.6You must only use this Site in the manner and for the purposes we intend (as communicated by any specific legal notices or terms located on particular pages of our Site) (“Intended Purposes”). We reserve the right to vary the Intended Purposes at any time by making changes to such legal notices or terms.
4.7You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from our Site any material:
- that is in any way threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous or which would or may breach any obligation of confidence or cause annoyance or inconvenience;
- in respect of which you have not obtained any necessary licences and/or approvals;
- which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence or otherwise contrary to the law of the United Kingdom or any other country in the world or which would infringe the rights of any third party or give rise to civil liability anywhere in the world;
- which is technically harmful and/or which may cause damage to our software or systems (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data);
- that breaches any local, national or international law or regulations;
- that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose; or
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way, and you agree to indemnify us against any loss or damage that may be suffered by us as a result of the same.
4.8You are prohibited from:
- using the Site to transmit or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- carrying out any hacking or similar activity in relation to the Site; and
- using the Site in any way which is unlawful, offensive, defamatory or discriminatory or which is intended to deceive other users or promote any illegal activity, and you agree to indemnify us against any loss or damage that may be suffered by us as a result of any such use.
4.9Third parties may license information on the Site to us. [We authorise third parties to use analytic tools to track behaviour and traffic on the Site, including Google Analytics, in accordance with our Cookies Policy.] You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access this Site for any purpose without our express written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not:
- take any action that imposes, or may, in our opinion (which shall be final), impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute or publicly display any content (except for your information) from this Site without the prior written permission of us and the appropriate third party, as applicable;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Site or any activities conducted on this Site; or
- bypass measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to this Site. We do not authorise you to extract or re-utilise substantial parts of this Site, or to make systematic and repeated extractions or re-utilisations of insubstantial parts of this Site.
4.10We shall fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of Conditions 4.7, 4.8 or 4.9, or relating to any part of the obligations contained within Condition 6 below.
4.11We do not store any paper documents and, with the exception of web site files and files stored in our public web site archive accessed via the Site, we do not store any electronic documents such as PDFs or Word documents.
4.12All email, including internal and external communications, is deleted after a period of 60 days from date of receipt or sending. The exception to this rule is email communications sent to or sent by the “Spamhaus SBL Removals account”, where emails may be stored for historic incident tracking purposes for a period of up to 3 years.
5.1Whilst we endeavour to ensure that our Site is normally available 24 hours a day, we do not guarantee such availability and shall not be liable if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
5.2Without prejudice to Condition 5.1 above, access to our Site may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
6.Links to and from other Websites
6.1Any links to third party websites on this Site are provided solely for your convenience. If you use any links, you leave this Site. We may not have reviewed any such third party websites and will not control or be responsible for such websites or their content or availability. We therefore do not endorse or make any representations about any links provided to third party websites, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites which may be linked to this Site, you do so entirely at your own risk.
6.2You may link to the home page of this Site with our prior written permission and so long as it is in a manner which is fair and legal, and neither takes advantage of nor damages our reputation. We reserve the right to withdraw this permission at any time.
6.3All authorised links must be to the homepage of this Site and make it clear that this Site and its content are distinct from the website containing the link.
6.4Our Site must not be framed on any other Site, nor may you link to any page other than the home page without our express permission.
7.Information contained on the Site
7.1While we endeavour to ensure that the information on this Site is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on this Site.
7.2We may make changes to the material on this Site or described in it, at any time without notice.
7.3The material on this Site may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
7.5All information which is contained in the news section of our Site does not represent our views but those of the named author only.
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law, including without limitation all relevant consumer law.
8.3If your use of material on this Site results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you will be liable for all costs incurred in connection with such servicing, repair or correction.
9.Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Site is operated by:
Spamhaus Technology Limited (T/A SpamTEQ) whose registered office is at:
4 Old Park Lane
Registered Company Number: 05078652
VAT Number: GB 838 0761 13